Skip to main content

New top story on Hacker News: Show HN: Edu AI, a company grown from my research (AI and pedagogy)

Show HN: Edu AI, a company grown from my research (AI and pedagogy)
7 by charleduease | 3 comments on Hacker News.
Hi guys, my name is Charlie and I am a 24-year-old researcher and entrepreneur from London. Innovation has been slow here, I regularly browse and read ycom news and thought I'd share my UK ed-tech startup that's sprung out of my AI-driven pedagogy research project here at Goldsmiths, UoL. Not sure what it's like over in the states or other countries, but we see here lots of educators using ChatGPT for creating assignments and marking; while simultaneously complaining about students using ChatGPT to write their work. It's really bad at the university level here at the moment, feels like we have a loop of ChatGPT producing learning material, students submitting work written by ChatGPT, and then lecturers marking it with ChatGPT. The basis of my research is around maintaining a human in the loop, learning from our past mistakes with social media and the internet, and trying to apply deeptech (mainly AI) in a way that I see it having a long-term benefit to student learning outcomes - everyone seems obsessed with the short-term quick wins, and being fresh out of the UK education system, I'm all too familiar with being a guinea pig for trying new learning methodologies out. Currently, I have a quiz generator hosted on https://ift.tt/OFTrhj6, it uses OpenAI API to create a quiz on an input topic or based on uploaded PDFs, so basically upload lesson slides or document, get a quiz, give it to students; win-win, save time, while also not just a lesson plan generator (there's a lot of GPT wrapper tools built for teachers here that are different versions of AI lesson plan generators). We're currently offering this tool for free, and I am personally covering the API costs, this has been fine until a recent 4000% increase in traffic; we're figuring out our next steps as we speak. If anyone is keen to share insight, invest, support, or anything else with this project, feel free to get in touch with me at charlie@edu-ai.co.uk, or drop me a message at https://ift.tt/A7ySU2p, just quote this post :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katharine Anawalt, Harrison Gish

By Unknown Author from NYT Fashion https://ift.tt/2Uks9Ue