Skip to main content

New top story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Cloudflare verification is breaking the internet

Tell HN: Cloudflare verification is breaking the internet
114 by statquontrarian | 80 comments on Hacker News.
Across many different pages including science journals, ChatGPT, and many others, CloudFlare verification goes into an infinite loop of: 1. "Verify you are a human" 2. Check the box or perform some other type of rain dance 3. "Please stand by, while we are checking your browser..." 4. Repeat step 1 I'm on Fedora Linux 37 using Firefox 110. The workaround is to use Chrome. After experiencing this dozens of times and getting annoyed of needing to use Chrome, I finally went and deleted all my cookies and cache which I had been dreading to do. It did not help. I don't have a CloudFlare account so I wrote up a detailed post on their community forums. I offered a HAR file and was willing to do diagnostics. It received no responses and it was auto-closed. It's unacceptable that CloudFlare is breaking the internet while offering no community support. Edit: I'm in Texas. I'm not using a VPN or Tor, just AT&T Fiber. I don't have ad-blockers. No weird extensions. Nothing special (besides being on Linux). Edit2: Since this got traction, I opened a new community post: https://ift.tt/rZcXaIm To be clear, I'm not against CloudFlare doing DDoS protection, etc., but it can't be breaking the internet while ignoring community posts on it . Edit3: The CloudFlare team has engaged. Thank you HN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katharine Anawalt, Harrison Gish

By Unknown Author from NYT Fashion https://ift.tt/2Uks9Ue