Skip to main content

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Would anyone find this system fair?

Ask HN: Would anyone find this system fair?
17 by mqp | 27 comments on Hacker News.
I work for a large non-tech company, it operates a tier based salary system. Everyone on the same level gets the same base pay and those who perform well, get a bump and bonus now and then. On my team there are a few developers. I am the only senior. The others have little to no experience. We are paid the same. I believe they are over paid for where we live. I do all of the project planning, code reviews, bug fixes, requests etc. I don't see how the other devs could possibly steer the ship. There is little to no confidence in the others carrying on successfully if I suddenly stopped. I'm beginning to tire of this cycle as I am doing all the hard work and they are getting an easy ticket. No one else in the company has this know how, so it is up to me to mentor and guide these developers. I do my best but I feel like I am not being treated fairly, compensation wise. I brought it up with my manager and was told I would be rewarded, it was a miniscule improvement. I got enough to would cover a few extra coffees. I don't want to quit as my last job ended quite abrubtly and I want to fatten up this portion of by resume. Does this system seem fair to anyone else? Anyone in a similiar position?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katharine Anawalt, Harrison Gish

By Unknown Author from NYT Fashion https://ift.tt/2Uks9Ue