Skip to main content

New top story on Hacker News: Show HN: Pickcode – A new way to introduce programming to kids

Show HN: Pickcode – A new way to introduce programming to kids
11 by csmeyer | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Hello HN, I've linked a tutorial from Pickcode, where students are guided through making a chatbot that plays mad libs. Pickcode is designed for introducing programming without block coding, in a way that's closer to Javascript or Python. I made Pickcode based on my frustrations teaching beginners in both block coding and in Python. The link here is to just one lesson, and I have a few more that you can find on the site. I'd love feedback from HNers with kids age 10-13 or so, or HNers who can put on an intro to programming hat. On the roadmap is adding more complex use cases for your programs (like drag and drop web apps), and obviously many more lessons. If you're a teacher and interested in using this with students, email me at charlie@pickcode.io

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katharine Anawalt, Harrison Gish

By Unknown Author from NYT Fashion https://ift.tt/2Uks9Ue